(Un)learning in HR with Laura Mazzullo
In this episode, Beau and Laura dig deep into the changing recruitment landscape. How are candidates, hiring managers, and recruiters reimagining what it means to find a "good fit?"Key Action Points:
- Create workflows to ask better questions of candidates. We're seeing an important shift from "Why should we hire you?" to "In what ways is this organization a good fit for this candidate?"
- Redefine what "fit" means to an organization. Specify what's important to your organization and get alignment across your team.
- Train team members continuously. Build a safe space where HR leaders can acknowledge any weaknesses and grow.
- Be bold. Go to leadership in the organization to enact the changes you know are necessary.
- Don't judge your previous practices. Acknowledge what practices are no longer serving you but don't waste mental energy punishing yourself. We're all growing together.