Whatever industry you work in, there is no denying that intelligent process automation is the future of HR. This means that implementing a comprehensive HRIS and offering the right HRIS training is a must for any company that wants to deliver consistent people processes. In fact, according to the McKinsey Global Institute, nearly half of all work could soon be automated with current technologies.
As an HR manager, you need to stay ahead of this trend.
To help you, we have created this step-by-step guide so that you are clear on what HRIS software is, and the various features the right digital platform should include. We have also detailed a few strategies to help you offer the best possible HRIS software training to your employees and optimize your HR processes.
What is HRIS Software?
A Human Resources Information System (HRIS), also known as HRIS software, is a human capital management system used to collect and manage all processes relating to the employee lifecycle. You can use it to track and analyze all forms of employee information, ranging from recruitment and applicant tracking data to payroll, time and attendance, performance, expense management and learning and development. Many solutions also include employee database software and a document management system. An HRIS can either be run on your own servers or be cloud-based and accessed through an online portal.
By automating these systems, you can focus on more strategic tasks such as employee engagement and the growth and development of your business. HRIS software also serves as a reliable system for recordkeeping and reporting and helps keep your data secure and compliant. Plus, if you choose a solution with an employee portal then you can offer self-service HR to your employees and managers, cutting down the time spent on requesting time off and scheduling.
Whichever HR management platform you implement in your company, it is vital that you provide all members of your HR team with in-depth HRIS Training. You also need to roll this training out to the rest of your staff if they will be using an employee self-service portal.
Examples of HRIS Systems
There are a number of aspects you need to consider when you provide HRIS training, as we will see shortly. First, let’s take a look at a few examples of features you should be looking for in an HRIS system. The best software for HRIS encompasses all these functionalities so that you can manage all your HR processes from one unified platform. You also want to look for a solution that includes document management software so that you can securely store all your important employee data.
Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
You can use this software to manage each step of the recruitment process. You can track candidate information, match job openings to suitable candidates, and manage each phase of the hiring and onboarding process.
Payroll and Benefits
You can also manage payroll and benefits through an HRIS. Just combine the system with you time and attendance data so that the employee payment orders are automated at the end of each month. Plus, you can also manage all other aspects of compensation and benefits through the system.
Time & Attendance
Another great feature of a good HRIS is the ability to track and maintain records on time and attendance. This can be especially useful for shift management and calculating payroll. Employees just clock in and out each time they start and finish work or take a break, then all work times are automatically calculated.
Training & Development
You can coordinate and track all your employee learning and development programs through your HRIS, including HRIS training itself. You can also align the system with any existing Learning Management System or e-learning solution.
Performance management is a key component of managing people, and you can use your HRIS to manage every aspect of the process. This includes tracking goals and KPIs, conducting staff appraisals and collecting valuable 360 feedback. All this helps you nurture a motivated and productive workforce.
Reporting & Analytics
The final valuable functionality that a good HRIS provides is tools for in-depth reporting and analytics in real-time. For example, you can automate regular reports for employee turnover, absences, performance, and employee engagement. This valuable data gives you more insight into every aspect of your company so that you can make better-informed strategic decisions.
Step By Step HRIS Training Guide
There are two important aspects to consider before you roll out your HRIS. Firstly, you need to make sure you pick the right system that caters to your specific needs as a business. Secondly, you need to make sure you offer your employees HRIS training so that they can take advantage of all the benefits the system has to offer.
Just follow these simple steps:
- Step 1: Needs Analysis. Establish what you need from an HRIS. What processes will you manage with it? Do you need an employee self-service portal, or will the solution only be used by your HR department?
- Step 2: Plan and Align. Form an implementation team to manage the process from start to finish. This team should include a designated project manager to manage day-to-day activities during the implementation.
- Step 3: Define and Design. Specify your user groups and map out all your HR processes and workflows. Don’t forget to address security measures.
- Step 4: Configure and Test. Define a core team to test your new HRIS and provide feedback.
- Step 5: HRIS Training. Make sure you offer HRIS training to all employees that will be using the system. Create a communication plan so that all staff are informed of process changes.
- Step 6: Implement and Adjust. Launch your HRIS to your entire organization. Make sure everyone has received the right HRIS systems training. Collect feedback regularly and make adjustments where necessary.
HRIS Training Tips for Success
Once you have launched your HRIS platform, the most important step is making sure you offer clear and comprehensive HRIS training to all employees that will be using the system. Most software solutions these days are very accessible, but the right HRIS systems training will help you make sure all employees are aware of how it works and how it can make their work easier.
Here are a few tips to help you get started:
- Create learning journeys for your employees. Essentially, this means creating individual development paths so that you can track each employee’s progress. You could even add in incentives such as potential bonuses based on completing training. This can help you motivate your employees to embrace your new HRIS.
- Offer online training to your employees. Online training allows your employees to complete their training at their convenience from whatever location is best for them. You could even consider offering customized training, where employees can choose from a mixture of classroom, online, and learning journeys as they get to know the ins and outs of your new HRIS.
- We’ve prepared a comprehensive 2022 HR Kit with the goal of digitalizing HR processes. Designed for people teams of the future, this handbook contains all the resources necessary to face all of your daily HR challenges. There are a number of HR webinars, surveys, and eBooks that can help you with your HRIS training.
An Intuitive, Easy to Use HR Software Solution
The HR digital transformation is here and moving fast, so now is the best time to invest in HRIS software. By drawing attention to how HR challenges impact the business’s overall progress, you can make a strong argument to your executive team for the incorporation of human resources software.
HRIS can enhance your business functions, improve productivity and make your HR processes run more smoothly. Plus, the right HR software solution improves the employee experience and facilitates an atmosphere of transparency, trust, and regular communication. These are all vital components of the business model of the future, as is implementing the right HRIS training program.
Factorial’s ‘all-in-one’ centralized HR software platform includes a vast array of features that pushes your company to the next level. Our applications include time tracking, time-off management, applicant tracking systems, shift management, performance management, training and development, reporting and analytics, and document management.
What’s more, by implementing Factorial’s people management software solution you also get the following benefits:
- Increased efficiency and productivity
- Improved visibility
- User-driven innovation and optimized performance
- Accuracy and regulatory compliance
- Improved reporting in real-time
- Centralized HR processes and secure data storage
Sign up now and start improving your HR management with Factorial!