People management software solutions are a hot topic right now, and not just for HR professionals. Many companies areseeing the value that effective talent management can add to an organization’s bottom line, especially given the drastic changes many companies have had to go through in order to adapt to the “new normal” of the post-pandemic world. It is now more important than ever for businesses to effectively manage performance , and leverage their business models, systems, processes, and procedures, and the people management software market is set to grow accordingly.
In this post, we will explore what people management is and how people management software can add exponential value to your business. We will also look at some of the benefits to help you find the right people management platform for your business.
- What is People Management?
- People Management Tools
- What Can You Do with People Management Software?
- People Management Software: The Benefits
- What’s the Best People Management Platform?
What is People Management?
People management, also known as human capital management, is one of the most crucial roles of the Human Resources department. Aside from recruitment and talent acquisition , responsibilities range from organizing payroll and taxes, managing attendance and absences, coordinating training and development , and nurturing a healthy corporate culture. You also have to make sure your workforce is happy, engaged, and productive and that everyone in the company is working towards common, shared business objectives.
If you work in HR then you are probably all too familiar with theimportance of effective people management. You are probably also aware of the importance of developing the right people strategy and using the right people management tools to get you where you want to be. This includes finding the right people management software solution and ensuring all members of your HR team know how to use your talent management tools to their advantage.
Effective people management involves providing support for the following:
- Employer branding
- Performance management
- Wellness and safety
- Employee benefits
- Employee engagement
It requires the following skills:
- Empowering employees
- Active listening
- Clear communication
Finding the right tools and people management software solutions can be a very effective way to manage all the above.
People Management Tools
Given that the area of people management takes into account a vast array of business areas and processes, then there is a diverse range of people management tools available on the market. The tools each company uses will depend on individual needs and business objectives.
There are, however, several people management tools and techniques that can help you nurture a high-performing workforce and ensure steady success within your organization. These might include setting SMART objectives, undertaking regular performance appraisals, using balanced scorecards, providing training and development opportunities, using tools to manage goals and objectives, implementing personal development plans, usingorganizational chartsandhuman capital management strategies, and introducing measures to recognize and reward high achievers. There are also the standard HR tools used by most companies to manage payroll, recruitment, expenses, absences, time tracking, and HR reporting and analytics.
However,these tools are not always enough to get your company where you want to be. And it can be confusing and time-consuming having to use different tools for each business area. This is why a people management software solution can often be a much more effective tool for managing every aspect of talent management . For example,software for HRIS, Human Resource Information System, can help your team hit the ground running every time. Andexpense management softwarecan help you streamline your processes through automation and ensure regulatory compliance.
Let’s take a look at some of thebenefitsof using a comprehensive solution such as people management software to manage all your human resource requirements.
What Can You Do with People Management Software?
People management software, such asFactorial’s business management solution, can be a great solution for streamlining all your talent management tools and processes.
Let’s take a look at how some of the features can help you boost efficiency and productivity in your company.
Holidays and Absences Software
You can use people management software to track holidays and absences. You can also use the solution to manage employee time off requests, create vacation policies, track vacations through the calendar and gain insight into your workforce. What’s more, you can view all upcoming sick leave, vacation days, and other types of leave at a glance to make sure each team is adequately staffed at all times.
Time Tracking & Shift Management Software
With time tracking and shift management software you can record the hours your employees work, improve productivity within your company, and reduce absenteeism. You can also review timesheets and individual shifts, generate custom reports, and enable your employees to clock in every time they enter the workplace – or even clock in remotely!
HR Reports and Analytics
People management software can be used to generate customized reports based on your company data and make better decisions about your workforce and your business. You can also automatically generate your own organizational chart and customize your own reports panel so that you have all the data you need at the click of a button.
People Management Software: The Benefits
The benefits of implementing a comprehensiveHR solutioninclude:
- Employee database softwarecan help you track data at every step of the employee life cycle. Automated time-tracking and absence scheduling can help to reduce confusion and limit employee dissatisfaction, and performance management tools can keep employees on track to realize their potential. It also makes for faster, easier, and more effective data management.
- Good HR software will not only streamline basic functions such as payroll, scheduling, and attendance tracking. It will also help your business develop with applicant tracking, onboarding, and performance management.
- Factorial’semployee self-service portalcan boost employee engagement, streamline operations, and enhance organizational cohesiveness.
- HRMS softwareintegrates, manages, and automates the routine HR processes in an organization. Automation minimizes opportunities for human error, limiting the company’s liability. It also frees up time for HR teams to shift their focus away from tedious tasks and toward important strategic decisions.
- By simplifying processes and providing online access to information, software for HR gives individuals and managers the tools to answer questions or resolve issues themselves.
- Data analysis and regular reporting can provide insight into the performance and engagement of various departments, identifying areas for improvement
- It can improve company morale and engagement, and optimize production levels and efficiency. It also gives your company a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
- You can use software to track goals and monitor the performance of each individual in your team. This helps highlight and reward exceptional performers and ensures hard-working employees feel valued for their efforts. It also helps your managers determine what training, resources, and guidance is required to improve underperforming areas
What’s the Best People Management Platform?
Organizing a company to maximize productivity and boost employee engagement is never easy. But there are ways to make things easier. Using a reliable people management platform like Factorial’s HR solution can help you develop better relationships with your employees. It also r educes your workload and makes it easier for you to access valuable data when needed. At a broader level, it demonstrates your commitment to the constructive management of staff. This organizational approach can lead to a healthy corporate culture and all the competitive advantages that can bring.
Factorial’s ‘all-in-one’ centralized HR software platform includes a vast array of features that pushes your company to the next level. Our applications include time tracking, time-off management, applicant tracking systems, shift management, performance management, reporting and analytics, and document management.
What’s more, by implementing Factorial’s people management software solution you also get the following benefits:
- Increased efficiency and productivity
- Improved visibility
- Improved customer experience
- User-driven innovation and optimized performance
- Accuracy and regulatory compliance
- Improved reporting in real-time
- Centralized HR processes and secure data storage
- It saves you time and money
Sign upnow and start improving your HR management with Factorial! If you’re still not convinced, why not try our 14-day free trial? Once your trial begins, you can test out all the features, without limit, for 14 days.